MKS Industrial Solutions is among the largest Centrifugal Pump manufacturer and suppliers in India. We manufacture and supply excellent Centrifugal Pumps like horizontal multistage pumps as well as vertical multistage pumps.
What is a centrifugal pump?
A centrifugal pump is also known as a Hydrodynamic pump or dynamic pressure pump. It works on the principle of centrifugal force, which is usually quick to install and easy to repair. A centrifugal pump is a mechanical device designed to move a fluid by means of the transfer of rotational energy from one or more driven rotors, called impellers. Fluid enters the rapidly rotating impeller along its axis and is cast out by centrifugal force along its circumference through the impeller’s vane tips. The action of the impeller increases the fluid’s velocity and pressure and also directs it towards the pump outlet. The pump casing is specially designed to constrict the fluid from the pump inlet, direct it into the impeller and then slow and control the fluid before discharge.
Feature of Centrifugal Pumps
- Modular construction, high interchangeability, fast delivery.
- Versatile shaft sealing arrangement, gland packing as a standard arrangement and option to use mechanical seal.
- Process type design results in minimum downtime.
- Back pull-out design enabling easier removal for inspection and maintenance.
- Closed impeller ensures high efficiency for a long period operation.
- Pump comes in 3 bearing design resulting good continuous process with high productivity.
- Bigger shaft and bearing size enabling sturdy design.
Application of Centrifugal Pumps
For handling aggressive organic & inorganic fluids in the chemical & petrochemical industries, centrifugal pumps are also used at refinery off – sites, paper & pulp industries, food industries, sugar industries, dea water desalination plants, absorption plants in environmental engineering, power stations, laminates industries, textiles industries, rubber industries, handing of hydrocarbons, d.m.water, salt power stations and in industries such as fertilizer and other process industries etc.